Detailed Description of Hospital Facilities
Firstly, Treatment and rehabilitation facilities
- Operation Theatres (1 major OR, 4 general OR, 3 holding beds and 7 recovery beds)
- Pediatric Intensive Care Units: 24 PICU rooms and 5 isolation rooms
- Intensive Care Units for adults: 24 ICU rooms and 5 isolation rooms
- 45 Adult single bedrooms, 5 double bedrooms and 2 isolation rooms
- 45 Pediatric single bedrooms, 5 double bedrooms and 1 isolation rooms
- Rehabilitation department including hydrotherapy, 3 treatment cubicles, Gymnasium, and physical and motor therapy unit.
- Psychotherapy unit
- Emergency department: Observation bay (6 cubicles), Resuscitation bay (3 cubicles), Triage bay (6 cubicles), 4 treatment rooms, Minor OR suite & its services.
- Outpatient Department: 11 general clinics & 2 Exfoliation laser clinics
- Diagnostic Imaging (X-ray, CT-Scan, bone densitometry, Ultrasound and MRI suite)
Secondly, Unique Special Services:
The purpose of building Ahl Masr Burn Hospital is not limited to a treatment facility. The purpose of the hospital is to build a comprehensive model for treatment, rehabilitation and care for burn victims. With this comprehensive approach in perspective; the hospital includes a scientific and social research center, a career management center and a skin bank as well as a stem cell bank to ensure burn victims who have suffered more than 80% skin loss have a high chance for survival through new skin implantation.
Thirdly, Managerial and Administrative departments:
Managerial departments including: management offices, training centers, ICT support system and data base units as well as filing room of medical records.
Support Services unit including: Main kitchen, dining, central store, waste management, laundry, workshop, staff changing rooms and central pharmacy and parking.