Safe Village Program
In October 2015, Ahl Masr began implementing its nationwide Safe Village Initiative in BeniSuef’s destitute after a village had recently witnessed a massive fire with no resources or means to put it out.
We found that impoverished living environments provide more grounds for burn accidents due to the lack of safety conditions around the house in addition to the lack of awareness, infrastructure and misuse of hazardous objects and liquids.
Ahl Masr’s Safe Village Program aims to close the loop on all root causes of burn incidents using a framework of complementing activities.
Our Intervention Model Includes:
- Infrastructure: Installing water pipe and electricity systems to serve households in villages, in addition to reconstructing safe rooftops.
- Training change agents and trainers
- Providing selected communities with Fire Safety Measures
- Providing villages with first aid kits and fire extinguishers
- Disseminating awareness material and training locals using first aid flyers, safety knowledge flyers, color books, and children games.
The program aims to continue its sustainable development efforts by introducing renewable energy sources in the near future to more villages.